Hello there, cat-lovers and body-art enthusiasts alike, it’s your girl Ashley. In my years as a cat-mum and shelter runner, I’ve seen my fair share of cat displays of affection, and surprisingly, many come in the form of tattoos! Got some empty skin real estate and a passion for cats? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Here are 10 cat tattoo designs I’ve come across that turned their wearers into walking works of art – and let’s just say… I might be due for some new ink soon!
- Minimalist Silhouette: A simple, elegant black cat silhouette on the ankle, wrist, or behind the ear makes for a subtle yet stylish homage to your feline friend.
- Cartoon Caricature: Have an artsy friend sketch a caricature of your favorite kitty and transform it into an adorable tattoo. I met a volunteer at the shelter who had a whimsical caricature of her calico, Daisy, on her forearm – talk about a conversation starter!
- Watercolor Wonder: If a vibrant tattoo is more your style, opt for a watercolor design. A painterly rendition of a cat face on the shoulder or thigh is an absolutely stunning dedication to your furry companion.
- Cat’s Eye: A hyper-realistic cat’s eye tattoo is captivating and eerily beautiful. I met an artist once who had a pair of emerald feline eyes adorning her collarbone – almost as if her cat was always watching over her.
- Geometric Design: Fusion of geometric lines and the graceful form of a cat creates a unique, modern piece of body art. An abstract geometric cat on your upper arm or calf can be an intriguing piece!
- Paw Print: A cute, small paw print tattoo on your wrist, foot, or even alongside your own fingerprints is a sweet, personal connection with your fur baby.
- Quote Tattoo: Couple your cat tattoo with a meaningful quote, like “Nine lives, one love” or “Purr more, hiss less”.
- Lion King: Show off your love for both domestic and wild cats with a majestic lion or tiger tattoo, framed within the silhouette of your house cat.
- Zodiac Cat: If you’re into astrology, a cat-themed zodiac sign tattoo is both personal and symbolic. Like a Gemini with two kittens playing or a Leo sign transformed into a lion.
- Full Cat Portrait: An artistically done full portrait of your cat, nestled among flora or playing with a ball of yarn, is the ultimate tribute to your feline friend.
Remember, these are merely ideas, your tattoo should mean something unique to you. Work with a skilled artist to create something that truly reflects your love for your whiskered companion. Tattoos are a beautiful embodiment of our deepest affections, and what could be more beautiful than our love for our cats? Until next time, stay inspired and keep loving your purr-fect pals!